David’s Dream and Believe Cancer Foundation (DD&BCF) would like to use this semi-annual update to inform you of a major change to our mission statement. Also, we have news from our 2 major sponsors JETTY and Mud City Crab House. Please see the list of upcoming events and the 6 attachments. DD&BCF would like to welcome all of our newest supporters to the Foundation and thank the ones that have been with us from the beginning because we would not be able to help our patients/families in need without all of YOU!
First and foremost, it was unanimously agreed upon and approved at the annual Board of Director’s meeting that we revise our mission statement as follows: David’s Dream and Believe Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that raises funds to provide financial assistance to families affected by a cancer diagnosis to help them offset the costs of physician visits, treatments, medications, lodging and transportation. We have removed the research funding portion of our past mission statement. It is our belief that DD&BCF is best suited for helping those patients/families burdened by the financial strains of a cancer diagnosis. This belief is driven from the heart of our founder, echoed by its directors and confirmed by our growing army of supporters/sponsors! We remind you of a quote from our founder that he read a while back, “Kindness is the Shadow of God in Man”! Once again, these examples of GIVING are only made possible by the large shadows being cast by our supporters! The 3 examples below are just a small glimpse of our renewed mission towards patients/families.
- Mother diagnosed for a 2nd time with breast cancer. Shortly after diagnosis, her house burned to the ground. DD&BCF helped to pay for living in a local hotel for her, her husband and their 5 year old son.
- Mother of 5 battling breast cancer while husband (ambulance driver) takes off work to attend to her and the kids. Family was served an attorney eviction letter on a Friday. DD&BCF showed up on Saturday paying 3 months past due rent and one month forward.
- 16 year old girl battling osteosarcoma and in need of a partial lungectomy needed to travel from PA to MD Anderson Hospital in Houston, TX by car with mother and 2 other siblings. A cancer retreat, a lower cost lodging option they had chosen, was 2 hours from the hospital. DD&BCF secured lodging 1.5 miles from Hospital with free shuttles to the hospital and free breakfasts for the entire trip.
- Saturday July 14TH, Gilbert Gottfried Comedy Show benefit at Longshot’s.
- Saturday August 4TH, Fourth Annual JETTY Coquina Jam.
- September 2012, “Girls Night Out and Live Bachelor Auction”, date and place TBD.
- Wednesday October 24th, Second Annual Crabbin For A Cure at Mud City Crab House.
Longshot’s restaurant and bar in Waretown, NJ is kindly donating all proceeds from the 10:30 comedy show of Gilbert Gottfried on
Saturday July 14, 2012. Please see attached flyer for details and contact us directly for tickets at email@example.com
JETTY Coquina Surf Jam:
Simply put, this event last year breathed new life and positive energy into the Foundation and it’s a distinct possibility that DD&BCF would not be here today had it not been for this 2011 event. This is a female surf contest that benefits DD&BCF which in return donates gift
contributions to local breast cancer patients in need. Please see attachments regarding this event including a press release, sponsorship form and flyer. We would ask that you consider sharing this press release and flyer with your friends and business associates. Also, please consider becoming a sponsor for this great event whether it is a t-shirt, business or new this year (In Honor – In Memory) real estate signs which will be displayed on the beach.
Girls Night Out & Live Bachelor Auction:
September 2012. This is currently a work in progress. Please contact our Secretary Joyce DeGregorio firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, suggestions or bachelors?
Crabbin for a Cure:
This event was born out of a dinner amongst some friends at Mud City Crab House and within 30 days “Crabbin for a Cure” took place and in excess of $17,000.00 was raised for DD&BCF. This far exceeded our wildest expectations and has quickly become a signature event for
DD&BCF along with the JETTY Coquina Surf Jam and now our Cruisin for a Cure. We have been receiving requests for tickets as soon as the day after last year’s event. Co-owners of Mud City Crab House Melanie & Eric Magaziner and Bob & Gina Nugent have opened up the tickets for this year’s event. Please see the attached Crabbin letter from Melanie and sponsor forms. We would ask that you consider sharing Melanie’s letter and our sponsor form with your friends and business associates. Tickets for this year’s event are going to sell out rapidly!
Lastly we are committed to help those patients/families burdened by the financial strains of a cancer diagnosis. However, our commitment is only fueled by the generosity of our individual and corporate sponsors. Please take a minute to share the attachments in this email with your contacts, find us on Facebook and visit our website for updates on giving.
SAVING LIVES BY FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER!!!