Grant Writer – Independent Contractor
David’s Dream and Believe Cancer Foundation – Manahawkin, NJ
David’s Dream and Believe Cancer Foundation exists as a Beacon of Hope to families affected by a cancer diagnosis. We provide financial assistance and wellness services that help patients and their families deal with the complex challenges of a cancer diagnosis. We are looking for a seasoned Grant Writer to partner with us in pursuit of funding that will advance our mission and enable us to meet the increasing demand for our services. The Grant Writer will focus efforts on research of and proposal writing for grants available through public, private and corporate funding sources.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with Treasurer and Accountant to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors to provide regular updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of three years’ experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
Please email resume and expression of interest to email@example.com